7 nights / 8 days – Tours to Kerala, India
Duration: 7 Night 8 Days
Experience the spectacular landscapes and caring people of Kerala on this personalized tour of South India. The prosperity of spices and flavors have created an outstanding history like nowhere else in the world. Witness the diverse landscapes and enchanting culture of these places, from the European quarter of Cochin to the tea plantations of Munnar and the private comforts of houseboats. The depths of history and local magnetism are endless in Kerala.
Experience The Exceptional History Of Kochi (Cochin).Enjoy The Traditional Costumes And Music Of A Kathakali Performance.Witness The Tremendous Tea Plantations In The Magnificent Hills Of Munnar.Traverse The Enchanting Backwater Canals Around Alleppey In The Comfort Of A Houseboat.
Day 1 : Arrival from Cochin
Arrive in Cochin and you have transfer to hotel. You can rest in the hotel. Cochin has one of the best natural harbors. The backwaters that extend to the east and south from the port have a few small islands that arose as a result of alluvial deposits from the rivers. In the afternoon, witness a Kathakali dance performance.
Kathakali is the only dance with a history dating back more than 2,000 years with more than 100 different mudras (postures) representing gods, demons, heroes and kings – each based on episodes from Mahabharata and Ramayana. , the two epics of Indian mythology.
You have the hotel accommodation.
Day 2 : Cochin – Munnar
Proceed to Munnar after breakfast. Rest at the hotel.
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 3 : Munnar – Anamudi – Munnar
Breakfast will be at the hotel. Advance to visit tea plantations, Anamudi, Eravikulam National Park, Devikulam, Mattupetty, Pallivasal, Pothamedu, etc. of Attucal.
Munnar is always synonymous with tea plantation. A trip to Munnar will be incomplete without having a visit to these tea plantations. Munnar is a place known for its beautiful tea estates and tea cultivation.
No one will go home without trying or buying Munnar Tea Essence. Don’t miss out on visiting the Munnar Tea Museum while taking a trip to Munnar. It is India ‘s first tea museum , ideally situated at KDHP’s Naldatani Estate (Kannan Devan Hill Plantation) in Munnar. Here you can have a journey through the history of Munnar tea.
Rest and accommodation at the hotel.
Day 4: Munnar
Breakfast will be at the hotel. Rest and accommodation at the hotel.
Day 5: Munnar – Alleppey
Breakfast will be at the hotel. You have the transfer to Alleppey. Accommodation in the houseboat. Alappuzha (or Alleppey) is a city on the Laccadive Sea in the southern Indian state of Kerala . It is best known for houseboat cruises along Kerala’s rustic backwaters, a network of tranquil canals and lagoons.
Day 6 : Alleppey – Kumarokom
Breakfast and you have the transfer to Kumarakom. Kumarakom is a village on Lake Vembanad in the backwaters of Kerala, South India . It is full of canals, where the houses float on the waters. Arrive at Kumarakom and you can visit the beaches or do the activities in the backwaters.
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 7: Kumarakom
Breakfast and you have the visit of the bird reserve. Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary (also known as Vembanad Bird Sanctuary) is situated in Kumarakom in Kottayam district in the Indian state of Kerala, on the shores of Vembanad Lake. Located in the backwater of Kerala the bird sanctuary is a favorite haven for migratory birds.
Currently, the bird sanctuary is managed by the Kerala Tourism Development Corporation . The main attractions are local birds such as waterfowl, cuckoo, owl, heron, egret, cormorant, lorina, darter and brahminy kite, as well as the Siberian migratory crane. Parrot, Teal, Skylark, Flycatcher, and other birds are seen here during their respective migratory seasons. Some of the migratory birds come from the Himalayas, and some from Siberia.
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 8 : Kumarokom – Cochin – at home
After breakfast proceed to Cochin. Arrive in Cochin and you have and transfer to the airport according to the flight times to board the flight for the next destination .
- Meeting and assistance on arrival/departure by a representative in each city.
- Accommodation in the mentioned hotels, for a Single / Double room as requested.
- Breakfast is included in all locations.
- A private English-speaking guide in each city. A compulsory Spanish speaking guide will be arranged at additional cost as there may be little availability there due to the low number of Spanish speaking guides in South India.
- Our representative in each city will help you check in at hotels and airports.
- A professional and friendly driver with a comfortable car.
- The visit to a tea plantation in Munnar.
- Eravikulam National Park in Munnar.
- Witness the Kathakali dance performance.
- An overnight stay on a houseboat in Alleppey.
- Daily mineral water on board the vehicle (2 bottles based on a day per person).
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All toll taxes, parking, driver allowances and state taxes.
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Rates include only the services listed above and those mentioned in the attached itinerary.
- Camera charges are not included in the cost.
- Tickets to the monuments are not included.
- Internal airfare is not included in the package.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the «Tour Includes» heading.
- Vehicle services are not included in the free days after the end of the sightseeing tour according to the itinerary.
- The tax applied is at the current rate, if in case the service tax revised by the Government of India, is the same applicable accordingly.
- Items of a personal nature such as costs of telephone calls, table drinks, laundry, etc. Also, communication charges in any eventuality.
- International airfares, visa charges and airport taxes on departure, if applicable.
- Travel insurance; passport and visa fees; and excess baggage on domestic flights.